The acting director of education Roy Obed warned parents to be alert about their children vaping.
The principal of Central School in the capital Port Vila Paul Alex Hetsey told the Vanuatu Daily Post they have only just become aware of students using electronic cigarettes.
He said the school was serious about its health and life skills education and staff are highly distressed over the discovery.
The school bans all forms of smoking and warns any student caught vaping in uniform will not be allowed back to school next year.
An official in the Ministry of Health says vaping is not included in the Tobacco Act but the act will need to be amended to include vaping.