Tyson Fury

Fury says he would come out of retirement to fight Joshua for free

Fury said last month he was "over" boxing but has since changed his tune, saying he would take on Joshua provided his terms were met.

"The fight has got to be for free," Fury said in an Instagram post.

"Free to air on television and all tickets go for free. No money is to be made off of this British, historic fight if it happens," he said.

"There's the terms, I'm in the driving seat, take it or effing leave it."

Fury confirms boxing career 'done'

The 33-year-old British fighter had hinted at retiring after sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley to retain his title on Saturday.

Speaking to Piers Morgan's TalkTV, Fury said he was deciding to leave boxing behind to spend more time with his family.

"I am done. Every good dog has its day," he said.

"Like the great Roman leader said, there will always be someone else to fight. When is enough, enough?

"I am happy, I am healthy. I still have my brains, I can talk, I have a beautiful wife, I have six kids, umpteen belts.

UFC champ wants to fight Fury next year

Fury the WBC heavyweight champion suggested he'd fight Ngannou when the pair spoke in the ring following the Briton's win over Dillian Whyte at the weekend.

"We both want this fight, that's clear, and we respect each other," Ngannou told the MMA Hour podcast.

"Probably next year it will happen. I think it's going to happen, it's just a matter of our promotions, but we will sort this out at some point."

Ngannou, who defended his title with a win over Cyril Gane in January, said the potential bout could combine elements of boxing and mixed martial arts (MMA).

Whyte disputes loss

Fury appeared to push fellow Briton Whyte after landing a devastating uppercut with one second to go in the round, eventually forcing referee Mark Lyson to stop the fight.

"I was buzzed but obviously I was trying to regather my senses and he proper pushed me and I fell over and hit my head on the canvas which is illegal," Whyte told Sky Sports on Monday.

"This isn't wrestling, this is boxing. I should have been allowed extra time to recover and then carried on fighting. I got caught, no doubt about it ... (but) terrible job from the referee there."

Tyson Fury, Dillian Whyte square off at weigh-ins before heavyweight title showdown

Fury, 33, tipped the scales at 264lbs (119.7kg) on Saturday, 13lbs (5.8kg) lighter than he was for his trilogy fight against Deontay Wilder in October, while Whyte was at 253lbs (114.7kg).

"I'm so happy to be back here fighting at Wembley Stadium and you people made it happen - you all made it happen," said Fury, who has an unbeaten record of 31 wins and a draw, with 22 knockouts.

Fury tickles Whyte ahead of world heavyweight showdown

Fury's WBC title will be on the line on Saturday when the 33-year-old 'Gypsy King' faces former sparring partner, fellow-Briton and top-ranked contender Whyte in front of a 94,000 sellout crowd.

Promoter Frank Warren predicted a classic night of boxing and the champion said people under-estimated how good it was going to be.

"He's a good fighter. He's a good, strong, solid man. He's big, he's strong, he's tough, he's game, he's got a good punch on him, he's knocked out a lot of men," Fury said as he and Whyte faced a packed media audience.

Tyson Fury says he will retire after Dillian Whyte fight in April

The unbeaten 33-year-old is a two-time world champion, winning 31 of 32 professional fights.

He drew with American Deontay Wilder in the first of their three fights, before winning the second and third bouts.

Asked whether he would call time on his career after fighting Whyte at Wembley Stadium on 23 April, Fury said: "100%."

Speaking after his news conference to promote his upcoming bout, Fury said: "I'm a two-time undisputed world champion.

"[I have] £150m in the bank and nothing to prove to anybody."

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte: 'Bodysnatcher' signs fight contract for April

The fight is expected to take place at Wembley Stadium and Fury confirmed it is to be on 23 April.

Whyte, 33, had until 06:00 GMT on Tuesday to sign but had spent the weekend and Monday negotiating details of the deal.

"Dillian Whyte signed his contract for $8m, what a surprise," Fury said on social media.

Fury added: "The man's signed for the biggest payday he's going to get in his life."

In a later video on Tuesday he told his followers that he will now be taking a break from social media as he prepares for the bout.

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte: Eddie Hearn says purse bids set for Friday but March date 'unrealistic'

Mandatory challenger Whyte has been unable to agree to terms with Fury after the WBC ordered an 80/20 purse split in favour of the reigning champion.

Speaking to the 5 Live Boxing podcast, Hearn said: "People keep talking about March dates - that's starting to look unrealistic for a fight of this magnitude."

Fury's co-promoter Frank Warren told BBC Sport last week that the targeted date was 26 March, but Hearn says April is far more likely.

"Either March, April, early May potentially," added Hearn. "This is the window for the fight. Depends what happens this week.

Sonny Bill Williams reveals plan to train with Tyson Fury, Joe Parker for Barry Hall fight

Williams and Hall confirmed the fight on Thursday, pitting the 36-year-old former All Blacks and Roosters star against the 44-year-old Sydney Swans icon.

Hall went down in AFL infamy for knocking out a rival player with a sickening punch in 2008, and fought out a draw with league star-turned-boxer Paul Gallen in 2019.

Williams said his return to the ring was to scratch his last sporting itch, and will soon depart north to work with Parker and Fury as he tries to finish his sporting career with a successful chapter in the fight game.