Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace accused of double standards over Meghan bullying probe

The allegations were made against the Duchess of Sussex in an article by The Times yesterday, in which the complaint claimed Meghan "drove two personal assistants out of the household and was undermining the confidence of a third staff member".

The complaint was reportedly made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, who was Harry and Meghan's communications secretary at the time.

Meghan has denied allegations of bullying after a complaint was made by one of her advisers during her time at Kensington Palace, saying she is "saddened by this attack on her character".

Prince Philip has infection and is set to stay in hospital 'for several days'

Prince Philip was admitted to London's King Edward VII's Hospital last Tuesday as a precaution after feeling unwell.

The 99-year-old husband of the Queen is "comfortable and responding to treatment", the palace said.

The Earl of Wessex said his father was feeling "a lot better" and appreciated "lovely messages" from the public.

Prince Edward told Sky News: "He's looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing, so we keep our fingers crossed."

Police injured outside Buckingham Palace

The man had stopped his car near police and officers spotted a large knife in it and went to arrest him, police said.

The officers were treated at the scene for minor arm injuries but did not go to hospital, and the man was treated for minor injuries in hospital.

The man, believed to be in his early 20s, was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and assault.

No members of the Royal Family were in Buckingham Palace at the time.

Prince Philip to step down from carrying out royal engagements

Prince Philip, who turns 96 in June, made the decision himself and the Queen supported him, a spokesman said.

"I'm sorry to hear you're standing down", one man told him at a royal lunch on Thursday. "Well, I can't stand up much," the duke quipped.

The duke will attend already scheduled engagements between now and August but will not accept new invitations.

The Queen "will continue to carry out a full programme of official engagements", the palace said.

Queen Elizabeth departs Buckingham Palace for Christmas

"I can confirm that The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh have left Buckingham Palace and are traveling to Sandringham" a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace told CNN on Thursday afternoon.

The royal couple abruptly canceled plans to travel to their country home, Sandringham House in Norfolk, on Wednesday.

The Queen, 90, and her husband, 95, had been due to catch a morning train from London King's Cross to King's Lynn for their traditional Christmas holiday, but failed to turn up.