COVID-19 case

Australian Open players to go into isolation after hotel coronavirus case

Thursday's play at the six warm-up events at Melbourne Park has been cancelled as a result.

But Victoria Premier Daniel Andrews said: "At this stage there is no impact on the tournament proper."

Players will be free to return to competition after a negative test.

"We will work with everyone involved to facilitate testing as quickly as possible," said Australian Open organisers.

The Grand Slam tournament, which was pushed back by three weeks to enable players to quarantine, starts on Monday.

Solomons investigating possible Covid-19 case

In a statement, the government confirmed the student was repatriated from the Philippines in September last year, tested positive for Covid-19 in quarantine, before recovering and being released in November after five consecutive negative test results.

The Solomon Star newspaper reported the student spent the Christmas-New Year period in his home village in Malaita Province before falling sick and testing positive for Covid-19 at the Kilufi Provincial Hospital this week.

Vanuatu’s Covid-19 case unlikely to transmit to anyone

According to a statement, lab evaluations of samples in Vanuatu and Australia to date indicate a very low level of virus meaning that it is unlikely the case would have been able to transmit the disease.

A 23-year-old man repatriated from the US is Vanuatu’s first confirmed Covid-19 case.

The case identified during routine day 5 testing with a re-testing to confirm.

The man remains in isolation at Vila Central Hospital.

A total of 2290 passengers have arrived in Vanuatu since repatriation flights began on 1 August.

Vanuatu announces first Covid-19 case

A passenger, who arrived on a repatriation flight on 4 November, has been tested positive for Covid-19.

PM Loughman said the patient has been transferred to Vila Central Hospital.

The passenger travelled from the United States and transited in Auckland and Sydney before arriving in Port Vila.

Loughman has assured the country that the government has applied strict protocols to ensure the case does not spread.

He has called on the public to listen to and only follow advice from the health authority.

More details to come.    

 

   

One new case of COVID-19 in NZ in isolation visited Auckland supermarket

Hipkins said the 32-year-old man, who arrived from India on 3 July, left his managed isolation last night to go to the Countdown supermarket on Victoria Street in central Auckland.

The man was outside the facility for 70 minutes.

Hipkins said after CCTV footage was viewed and the man was interviewed, the current assessment of the risk to the public was low.

"The person wore a mask although indicated that was removed for short periods of time."

In a statement, Countdown said the supermarket closed for cleaning at 8.15 this morning and will reopen tomorrow.